“You would think that a rock star being married to a super-model would be one of the greatest things in the world. It is.”—David Bowie
They say that when David Bowie first saw his supermodel wife, Iman Khan it was love at first sight. 23 years later and the couple seem to be going as strong as ever. But before Iman, David Bowie was as prolific in love as he was at amassing one of the world’s most epic catalogues of art.
Check out the ‘knew that’s’ and ‘no-ways?’ of his love life:
- Angela Bowie: Before Iman, there was Angela Bowie, David Bowie’s first wife who he met when they were dating the same man. They divorced 10 years later.
- Susan Sarandon: Susan spilled the beans and that during the 80’s she had a “wild love affair” with David Bowie after co-starring with him in the 1983 Vampire Flick – The Hunger. Susan, we never knew!
- Mick Jagger: Acccording to Mick’s 2012 books, “Mick the wild life and mad genius of Mick Jagger, “ Mick and David had an ongoing love affair. We’ll let you be the judge.
- Elizabeth Taylor: David and Liz were BFFs , but were they lovers too? Let’s face it, who wouldn’t want to date Liz?
- Tina Turner: According to Bowie, his and Tina’s lust blossomed during the Live Aid concerts of 1985. Was Tina his private dancer?
Find out more about David Bowie’s loves at the David Bowie Is exhibition at ACMI, on until 1 November 2015. Book your David Bowie Is Hotel & Ticket Package here.