Melbournians get ready for next month with more hot weather and amazing events. Firstly, pack a picnic and a blanket and head to Yarra’s Edge for pre-movie entertainment and blockbuster films while sitting back and relaxing by the Yarra River this summer.
The program includes:
- Thursday 7 February: Baz Luhrman’s Oscar-winning film The Great Gatsby (M)
- Friday 8 February: Marvel Studios’ blockbuster movie Black Panther (M)
- Saturday 9 February: The family-friendly Peter Rabbit (G)
Movie-goers will enjoy:
- Free bean bags for the first 100 movie-goers
- A pre-movie glass of wine or a bite to eat at a nearby riverside restaurant
- On-site food and snacks
- Chill out to DJ tunes on the lawn
Details are as follows:
- Time: Site opens at 6.30pm, movies start at sunset.
- Registrations: Go to http://ye.movies.mirvac.com/ to register
- Location: Point Park, Point Park Crescent, Docklands (only 2.4km from the CBD)
- Transportation: Catch the free City Circle tram, or the No. 70 or No. 75 tram via Flinders Street. Walk along the promenade from the Docklands or CBD. Take the free return ferry service from Federation Square (departing at 6.00pm), or park your car on nearby Point Park Crescent, Lorimer Street and South Wharf Drive, Docklands.
- This is a dog-friendly event
Come and enjoy Melbourne in Summer