Achieving a Guinness World Record is no easy task. From deciding which challenge to try, to the training and preparation involved in beating the last record holder, it’s easy to give up and feel defeated. But what if we told you that you could easily have a Guinness World Record to your name before the month is over? Intrigued?
On February 14, The World’s Largest High Heel Race is happening and they are looking for people to participate! The race will be held at the St Kilda Festival and funds raised will go towards The Warwick Cancer Foundation, an organisation that aims to raise funds for young Australians living with cancer.
So what do you need to know before you commit?
- The race is limited to 1500 people, so make sure you get your registrations in.
- The race will be an official attempt for the largest amount of people running in high heels all for a great cause.
- Yes, there is a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for the largest amount of people running in high heels… 967 people, completed in Indiana, USA back in 2010.
- You must run in high-heeled stilettos. At least 7 centimetres (2.75 inches) high and it CANNOT be over 1.5 centimetres (0.6 inches) wide at the tip. Yes, that means everyone in high heels.
- This record is to be measured by the number of participants who complete the race. So everrrrybody counts people! Men, women, young, old, fat, thin. We don’t discriminate. Oh, you have to be 18+ to take part. Sorry kids. There will be plenty of entertainment for everybody though!
When: Sunday, 14 Feb
Where: St Kilda Festival, Catani Gardens